Tuesday, November 5, 2013

to splurge or save on facial moisturizer?!

Facial moisturizer is one of the products I end up spending the most money on. Your face being the most sensitive area its important to be careful what ingredients are in the product you purchase. I have combination skin with a slightly oily t-zone. After trying numerous products (to many to list), the two I recommend are the following:

Splurge $$$:
Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 40+ Natural Daily Sun Protection 4 oz. $54 at Sephora
I started using this product last summer when I was looking for a moisturizer with a high SPF. I immediately fell in love. This moisturizer sinks into your skin without leaving a greasy feeling. The fragrance is light and sweet. It works as a nice primer for my foundation and a little goes a long way. One of the main ingredients is Argan Oil that is produced from the argan tree in the semideserts of Morocco. This oil is rich in Vitamin E and essential fatty acids, which have antiaging properties. This organic ingredient is known to help and prevent dehydration, inflammation, hyperpigmentation, and sebum production. This moisturizer is also free of parabens, sulfates, synthetic sragrances, synthetic dyes, phthalates, GMOs and triclosan.

Save $:
Trader Joe's Oil Free Antioxidant Moisturizer $6 at Trader Joes 
When I am trying to cut back my finances and 'balance' spending I often turn to Trader Joe products. They are made from natural high end ingredients with reasonable prices. Trader Joes oil-free nourish moisturizer is the only one similar to the one above featuring green tea extract, coffee bean extract, and vitamins A, B5, C, D, and E. It's a fragrance-free, oil-free, paraben-free, non-comedogenic lotion that can help protect your skin from free radical damage — regular use can help restore your skin, reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and redness. What more could you ask for and its only $6?!

xo
Megan 

No comments:

Post a Comment