Tuesday, November 5, 2013

healthy pancakes

Ok so I know what you're thinking- really? pancakes?? Otherwise known as 'CARBcakes'- how can they be healthy?! Well here it is... a guilt-free pancake recipe to enjoy every morning!
Healthy Pancakes 
3 Egg Whites (or 1/4 cup)
2 Scoops of Protein Powder 
1/2 Ripe Banana
1 tsp. Cinnamon 
1/4 Almond Milk (I use unsweetened)

Completely mash the banana with the almond milk and stir in the remaining ingredients. Spray your pan with fat-free cooking spray (I use coconut oil spray), turn on medium- low heat and put batter onto pan. The ingredients above make one pancake which is enough to fill me up. Cook for a few minutes until you see bubbles and flip it over. 

Have fun with your pancakes and experiment!
 I have added blueberries, coconut flakes, raspberries, pumpkin puree, cocoa powder- anything works! 

This recipe is brought to you by the lovely ladies of 'Tone it Up' http://toneitup.com/
They have a wonderful blog with tons of healthy recipes and work out videos. If you are interested in a healthy lifestyle I recommend their nutrition plan. It's all about 'balance.'

P.S.- My husband LOVES these pancakes! He hates to admit it but they taste 'pretty damn good.' 

xo
Megan 

1 comment:

  1. This is really nice to read content of this blog. A is very extensive and vast knowledgeable platform has been given by this blog. I really appreciate this blog to has such kind of educational knowledge. รองเท้า แฟชั่น เพื่อ สุขภาพ

    ReplyDelete