Tuesday, November 5, 2013

chocolate fix

When you're getting ready to hibernate for the winter, its often tempting to overdo it when snacking. My guilty pleasure is chocolate- do you feel me ladies?? On a cold winter night there is nothing more enjoyable than hot chocolate. This is one of my favorite winter treats. Over the years of yo-yo dieting I have tried to be 'healthier' by buying the 'fat-free/ sugar-free Swiss Miss' which is full of sugar, corn syrup, gelatin, artificial flavors and a bunch of other ingredients I can't even pronounce! In other words - PUT DOWN THE SWISS MISS!
Luckily, I have found a healthy alternative that is currently fixing my chocoholic cravings.
Healthy Hot Chocolate:

1 Cup of Almond Milk (I use unsweetened)
2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
2 Teaspoons of honey (I use unprocessed honey from my local Farmers Market)

Slowing heat one cup of almond milk in a small pan until steaming. 
Add one tablespoon of cocoa powder and 2 teaspoons of honey. 
Whisk until well blended. 

** You can also add ground cinnamon or 1 tbs of stevia to sweeten 

P.S.- Cocoa powder has been shown to improve mood, keep skin healthy and radiant while giving you antioxidants- so enjoy without the guilt!

xo
Megan 

No comments:

Post a Comment